Skip to main content

Kaiser: 85 to 15 (Rap)





https://soundcloud.com/kaiserunique/85-to-15
This is my first track and first time using GarageBand. I wrote it after I heard Black Panther reached a billion dollars and it reflects in the lyrics. I’m no Kendrick, but I felt like he didn’t mix enough references in his Soundtrack for the movie. Didn't have much relevance to the movie’s plot or explore the bigger implications of what the movie said about the world. But it’s fine. I got it.

Lyrics:
Aiyo, my spirit has awoken
We’re ain’t just playing tokens
You got us in the box office game
And then we broke it
Just Keeping it a hundred or 99 that’s my slogan 
Cuz the other 1 percent won’t be subjected to erosion
The smart notice the program, like a pirate knows the ocean
And the 85 percent deny the cause of the commotion 
That’s our special potion
we be ruling from underground
We got every nation hooked on this hip hop sound 
Cuz a colonizer knows what the fuck is vibrating 
Some of em play it right, 
Or heads be getting gyrated 
A black nobleman that’s what I inspire to be
I speak real regal, but I rap because I can see
Which way we headed, I like the way my words change direction
And hate the way a nigga oft forget their intentions 
We haven’t settled yet because what stirred isn’t settled
And until that shit is over we’ll be boiled like kettles 
We got a job to do
We got nations to lead
And we have a chance beyond firing from the backseat
What does take to know you oughta feel elite
I got the heart shaped herb to remember my people’s feats 
But if we tremble
Let it burst our knots and our temples
We’ll never even live to have reached our credentials 
I ain’t gonna go and get thrown off a cliff 
You can’t conquer or divide 
If any of my lines are too swift
100 to 99
85 to 15
Gods + The Earths
and The Kings and Queens

100 to 99
85 to 15
Gods + The Earths
We the kings and queens

Won’t let one common people reduce us to herded sheeple
in fact we’re not enfeebled
We can do the unfeasible 
Any mind so asinine 
Find frozen at the sight
Is a danger to us 
So you could call it a fright
Cause everywhere we’re stepping
Anyway we meet perfection 
But they rather us scared comparing feats with our of reflections

100 to 99
85 to 15
Wake the heck up and go get on the scene

100 to 99 
85 to 15
wake the heck up
And get the 5 on the scene

100 to 99
85 to 15
Gods + the Earths
We the Kings and Queens

Not caught up in our illusion 
Not gonna preach exclusion
But you better remember ways and believe my allusions
Don’t work as fission
Cause in fact you are fusions
Don’t be loosing any sight
You’ll never find me boozing

Look out for snakes my people
I hear they shake bros like their evil
But I also know their equal
Meaning that we can also be bulbs
Of lights
To keep shining is the fight
Your actions must reflect any spirit that you light 

Don’t let niggas bite
We got a style of own
We never a borrow this shit
We don’t got this mess on loan

Yes my ass Kaiser
Called dummy paralyzer 
That everyone admired
Not trumped
Never fired

Shoot flares cause we’re are tired of being relegated
We kept shadowboxing and straight up delegated 
The whole nine yards, people be holding mines far,
Put that mess down there are new ways to spar


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hip Hop: How Much Should You Sacrifice To Be Relevant?

So as an artist I've started to think about the question of relevancy. Like how much of your craft should you sacrifice in order to stay relevant? In some ways the answer is obvious. Just enough to keep your business alive so that you can have a craft to do in the first place. In other ways, it's less obvious. Take this for example; finding your style as a rapper can be a difficult task. The landscape of rap has changed so much in the last twenty years that it's hard for people to find their fit. In the past what was valued was pretty obvious. Lyrics. You always had your rappers that weren't quite as lyrical but relied on their cult of personality (which I hear was Tupac's claim to fame). You also had your complete booty rappers that were entirely commercial (Vanilla Ice for instance). But long story short, it was a market that was album driven and primarily featured lyricists. Now Hip-Hop has expanded so much that a lot of the things that make it "Hip-...

K Beemer: Sophomore Slump (Rap Album)

https://soundcloud.com/beam-n-blitz/sets/sophomore-slump-ep

Volume: Time (Poem)

Rivers flood the valley, overflowing with red Darkness hangs over the town like a fly swarm  The grim feeling settles in, and takes control Struggling, trapped under the heavy mountain A crushing sound echoes across the canyon  Rocks start falling, the rumble follows Screams are heard from the distance Birds flock away as if something bigger is there Rushing waterfalls get drowned by greatness Glass shakes and shatters, the shards obsolete, As small as each human's role in the universe Strength is drawn from the destruction and it's path Something rises up as the fire roars in the night  Trees collapse like buildings during an earthquake Crackling is heard for miles as the light is a signal  Flames burn everything that comes into vision  From the skies, something starts to stand up Someone larger than life emerges from the pain  Suffering builds the savior like cells to a person Legendary awe is felt throug...